On This Day In Music History...
July 21, 1987: Guns N' FREAKIN Roses released their debut album, "Appetite for Destruction"
This is where I confess my secret desire to be Axl Rose. The sky-high teased hair, rock tee riddled with holes and stains, leather pants (!!!), and stack of silver bangles. A few summers ago I even bought a red bandana and wore it around the house while making a formal announcement to my parents that Axl was my new fashion icon that season. I was too scared to actually step outside with it on though... #coward. Don't worry, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm just going to have to settle for an Axl Rose Halloween costume this year as a personal compromise.
So apparently "Welcome To The Jungle" is the greatest hard rock song of all time, according to VH1. I'm a loyal GNR fan so I have to agree with that decision. If you think otherwise, let me know in the comments (be wary, I'm willing to duke it out for my boys).
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics