On This Day In Music History...
July 21, 1987: Guns N' FREAKIN Roses released their debut album, "Appetite for Destruction"
This is where I confess my secret desire to be Axl Rose. The sky-high teased hair, rock tee riddled with holes and stains, leather pants (!!!), and stack of silver bangles. A few summers ago I even bought a red bandana and wore it around the house while making a formal announcement to my parents that Axl was my new fashion icon that season. I was too scared to actually step outside with it on though... #coward. Don't worry, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm just going to have to settle for an Axl Rose Halloween costume this year as a personal compromise.
So apparently "Welcome To The Jungle" is the greatest hard rock song of all time, according to VH1. I'm a loyal GNR fan so I have to agree with that decision. If you think otherwise, let me know in the comments (be wary, I'm willing to duke it out for my boys).
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"
- Oh My Gosh, Look At Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" Music Video
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics