On This Day In Music History...
July 21, 1987: Guns N' FREAKIN Roses released their debut album, "Appetite for Destruction"
This is where I confess my secret desire to be Axl Rose. The sky-high teased hair, rock tee riddled with holes and stains, leather pants (!!!), and stack of silver bangles. A few summers ago I even bought a red bandana and wore it around the house while making a formal announcement to my parents that Axl was my new fashion icon that season. I was too scared to actually step outside with it on though... #coward. Don't worry, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm just going to have to settle for an Axl Rose Halloween costume this year as a personal compromise.
So apparently "Welcome To The Jungle" is the greatest hard rock song of all time, according to VH1. I'm a loyal GNR fan so I have to agree with that decision. If you think otherwise, let me know in the comments (be wary, I'm willing to duke it out for my boys).
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015