On This Day In Music History...
September 14, 2005: Late Registration was the numba one album!
The second studio album from Yeezy sold 860,000 copies in its first week and is arguably my favourite record out of his entire discography ("Drive Slow," "Gone," "We Major" AND "Touch The Sky"!!!!!!!). Plus it's when a lot of his verses consisted of really down-to-earth content. Just check the lyrics to "Hey Mama":
You work late nights just to keep on the lights / Mommy got me trainin' wheels so I could keep on my bike
OR "Drive Slow"
I used to love to play my demo tape when the system yanked / Felt like I was almost signed when the sh*t got cranked / We'll take a Saturday and just circle the mall / They had they Lakers and Aurora's, we was hurtin' 'em all
Yep, in case you forgot, the self-proclaimed "international a*shole" used to hang out at malls and at one point in his life, didn't even know how to ride a bike! Humble beginnings for this Maybach driver.
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings