On This Day In Music History...
September 14, 2005: Late Registration was the numba one album!
The second studio album from Yeezy sold 860,000 copies in its first week and is arguably my favourite record out of his entire discography ("Drive Slow," "Gone," "We Major" AND "Touch The Sky"!!!!!!!). Plus it's when a lot of his verses consisted of really down-to-earth content. Just check the lyrics to "Hey Mama":
You work late nights just to keep on the lights / Mommy got me trainin' wheels so I could keep on my bike
OR "Drive Slow"
I used to love to play my demo tape when the system yanked / Felt like I was almost signed when the sh*t got cranked / We'll take a Saturday and just circle the mall / They had they Lakers and Aurora's, we was hurtin' 'em all
Yep, in case you forgot, the self-proclaimed "international a*shole" used to hang out at malls and at one point in his life, didn't even know how to ride a bike! Humble beginnings for this Maybach driver.
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?