On This Day In Music History...
September 14, 2005: Late Registration was the numba one album!
The second studio album from Yeezy sold 860,000 copies in its first week and is arguably my favourite record out of his entire discography ("Drive Slow," "Gone," "We Major" AND "Touch The Sky"!!!!!!!). Plus it's when a lot of his verses consisted of really down-to-earth content. Just check the lyrics to "Hey Mama":
You work late nights just to keep on the lights / Mommy got me trainin' wheels so I could keep on my bike
OR "Drive Slow"
I used to love to play my demo tape when the system yanked / Felt like I was almost signed when the sh*t got cranked / We'll take a Saturday and just circle the mall / They had they Lakers and Aurora's, we was hurtin' 'em all
Yep, in case you forgot, the self-proclaimed "international a*shole" used to hang out at malls and at one point in his life, didn't even know how to ride a bike! Humble beginnings for this Maybach driver.
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's Brand New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'
- Watch This Guy Prank Call C-SPAN Using Lyrics to The Fresh Prince Theme