On This Day In Music History...
July 17, 1998: The Beastie Boys' album "Hello Nasty" was numero uno on the charts!
For a trio of middle-class Jewish kids, the Beastie Boys have really made a legit name for themselves in the hip-hop community. "Hello Nasty" is one of my favourite Beastie albums, next to "Licensed to Ill" of course but that's a given. I mean, it's got "Intergalactic" AND "Body Movin'" — what more could you ask for? Plus "Intergalactic" has some of the funniest rhymes ever: When it comes to beats, well I'm a fiend — I like my sugar with coffee and cream. Filed under: so mundane/still funny.
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings