On This Day In Music History...
July 17, 1998: The Beastie Boys' album "Hello Nasty" was numero uno on the charts!
For a trio of middle-class Jewish kids, the Beastie Boys have really made a legit name for themselves in the hip-hop community. "Hello Nasty" is one of my favourite Beastie albums, next to "Licensed to Ill" of course but that's a given. I mean, it's got "Intergalactic" AND "Body Movin'" — what more could you ask for? Plus "Intergalactic" has some of the funniest rhymes ever: When it comes to beats, well I'm a fiend — I like my sugar with coffee and cream. Filed under: so mundane/still funny.
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs