On This Day In Music History...
July 17, 1998: The Beastie Boys' album "Hello Nasty" was numero uno on the charts!
For a trio of middle-class Jewish kids, the Beastie Boys have really made a legit name for themselves in the hip-hop community. "Hello Nasty" is one of my favourite Beastie albums, next to "Licensed to Ill" of course but that's a given. I mean, it's got "Intergalactic" AND "Body Movin'" — what more could you ask for? Plus "Intergalactic" has some of the funniest rhymes ever: When it comes to beats, well I'm a fiend — I like my sugar with coffee and cream. Filed under: so mundane/still funny.
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us