On This Day In Music History...
July 14, 2001: Alicia Keys hit the number 1 spot on the Billboard 200 with "Songs in A Minor"
"Songs in A Minor" is actually a masterpiece, but what else do you expect from someone as talented as Alicia Keys? I wore a lot of clip-on hoops and yearned for cornrows in the Summer of 2001, all thanks to this album. My twelve-year-old heart even fluttered at the thought of having a boyfriend in the slammer. I imagined he would've been locked up for loitering at Zellers or stealing scrunchies for me from Claire's. Yeah, I was delusional okay? On another note, I'll forgive Alicia for the fuzzy cowboy hat in this video but only because this song is so good.
- Find Out Why Surfing Helps Jason Mraz Write Such Carefree Songs
- Ariana Grande's "Break Free" Lyric Video Is A Star Wars Tribute!
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
- Shawn Mendes' "Life Of The Party" Lyric Video Isn't A Party At All
- The 5 Most Iconic Pink Floyd Lyrics Of All Time
- Madonna Shares Lyrics to New Song "Messiah" On Instagram