On This Day In Music History...
July 13, 1968: Steppenwolf released "Born to Be Wild" (!!!!)
I'm pretty sure I put this song on every road trip playlist I've ever made... How can you not want to run away and join a biker gang when you hear this song? It makes me want to burn rubber down a desert highway, wind whipping through my hair. All I need is a leather jacket, biker boots, a hunk on a hog, and I'm set. Lil' tidbit: this tune is considered the first heavy metal song and "heavy metal thunder" in the second verse is actually the first time this term was used in a rock song. Not bad, Steppenwolf. Not bad at all.
- Find Out Why Surfing Helps Jason Mraz Write Such Carefree Songs
- Ariana Grande's "Break Free" Lyric Video Is A Star Wars Tribute!
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
- Shawn Mendes' "Life Of The Party" Lyric Video Isn't A Party At All
- The 5 Most Iconic Pink Floyd Lyrics Of All Time
- Madonna Shares Lyrics to New Song "Messiah" On Instagram