On This Day In Music History...
July 3, 1971: Jim Morrison died.
Considered to be one of the most charismatic frontmen, Jim Morrison (and The Doors in general) revolutionized the world of Rock and Roll — yeah, with capital Rs! Morrison's wild child antics left his life riddled with mystery, but what's even more cryptic is his death. No autopsy was performed so there are tons of theories floating around. Some even claim he's still alive out there walking among us under a different name. Either way, the man is a legend and I'm just happy he was was here at all.
Weird facts about the "Touch Me" video:
1. Robby Krieger's (guitarist and songwriter) black eye (0:59): some articles suggest that he and Jim got in a fist fight prior to the performance, while Krieger sometimes claims it was a car accident. Others say there was a brawl between Krieger, Morrison and a bunch of rednecks who didn't like the band-members' long hair.
2. Jim forgets to sing the second bout of c'mon, c'mon, c'mon's (1:08-1:11), leaving a really awkweird gap in the performance.
3. Jim Morrison is actually singing, but no one in the band is actually playing their instruments. WeeeEEeeEiiird.
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs