On This Day In Music History...
July 3, 1971: Jim Morrison died.
Considered to be one of the most charismatic frontmen, Jim Morrison (and The Doors in general) revolutionized the world of Rock and Roll — yeah, with capital Rs! Morrison's wild child antics left his life riddled with mystery, but what's even more cryptic is his death. No autopsy was performed so there are tons of theories floating around. Some even claim he's still alive out there walking among us under a different name. Either way, the man is a legend and I'm just happy he was was here at all.
Weird facts about the "Touch Me" video:
1. Robby Krieger's (guitarist and songwriter) black eye (0:59): some articles suggest that he and Jim got in a fist fight prior to the performance, while Krieger sometimes claims it was a car accident. Others say there was a brawl between Krieger, Morrison and a bunch of rednecks who didn't like the band-members' long hair.
2. Jim forgets to sing the second bout of c'mon, c'mon, c'mon's (1:08-1:11), leaving a really awkweird gap in the performance.
3. Jim Morrison is actually singing, but no one in the band is actually playing their instruments. WeeeEEeeEiiird.
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?
- WIN Handwritten Lyrics from 5 Seconds of Summer!
- WATCH Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd's "Love Me Harder" Lyric Video
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video