On This Day In Music History...
July 3, 1971: Jim Morrison died.
Considered to be one of the most charismatic frontmen, Jim Morrison (and The Doors in general) revolutionized the world of Rock and Roll — yeah, with capital Rs! Morrison's wild child antics left his life riddled with mystery, but what's even more cryptic is his death. No autopsy was performed so there are tons of theories floating around. Some even claim he's still alive out there walking among us under a different name. Either way, the man is a legend and I'm just happy he was was here at all.
Weird facts about the "Touch Me" video:
1. Robby Krieger's (guitarist and songwriter) black eye (0:59): some articles suggest that he and Jim got in a fist fight prior to the performance, while Krieger sometimes claims it was a car accident. Others say there was a brawl between Krieger, Morrison and a bunch of rednecks who didn't like the band-members' long hair.
2. Jim forgets to sing the second bout of c'mon, c'mon, c'mon's (1:08-1:11), leaving a really awkweird gap in the performance.
3. Jim Morrison is actually singing, but no one in the band is actually playing their instruments. WeeeEEeeEiiird.
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'