On This Day In Music History...
June 27, 2000: Nelly's debut album "Country Grammar" was released.
Not even gonna lie, this video inspired a lot of fashion choices for me in the summer of 2000. Without going into too much detail, let's just say there were a lot of bandanas, chokers, and yes, the occasional bandaid. But that's just between you and me, okay? In any case, I still think this is a great rap album — it's got just enough glam cliches but still shows glimmers of rawness. Too bad Nelly forgot his roots and wrote a 3 minute
commercial song for Air Force Ones...
Also, true story: My mom asked for this album for Christmas the year it came out and I actually have a picture of her holding it up right after she opened it. It's still on heavy rotation in her car.
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect