On This Day In Music History...
June 27, 2000: Nelly's debut album "Country Grammar" was released.
Not even gonna lie, this video inspired a lot of fashion choices for me in the summer of 2000. Without going into too much detail, let's just say there were a lot of bandanas, chokers, and yes, the occasional bandaid. But that's just between you and me, okay? In any case, I still think this is a great rap album — it's got just enough glam cliches but still shows glimmers of rawness. Too bad Nelly forgot his roots and wrote a 3 minute
commercial song for Air Force Ones...
Also, true story: My mom asked for this album for Christmas the year it came out and I actually have a picture of her holding it up right after she opened it. It's still on heavy rotation in her car.
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend
- Can Ariana Grande "Break Free" From An Alien Attack?