On This Day In Music History...
June 27, 2000: Nelly's debut album "Country Grammar" was released.
Not even gonna lie, this video inspired a lot of fashion choices for me in the summer of 2000. Without going into too much detail, let's just say there were a lot of bandanas, chokers, and yes, the occasional bandaid. But that's just between you and me, okay? In any case, I still think this is a great rap album — it's got just enough glam cliches but still shows glimmers of rawness. Too bad Nelly forgot his roots and wrote a 3 minute
commercial song for Air Force Ones...
Also, true story: My mom asked for this album for Christmas the year it came out and I actually have a picture of her holding it up right after she opened it. It's still on heavy rotation in her car.
- We've Got the Lyrics to Jodeci's New Album Ahead of Its Release
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn