On This Day In Music History...
June 27, 2000: Nelly's debut album "Country Grammar" was released.
Not even gonna lie, this video inspired a lot of fashion choices for me in the summer of 2000. Without going into too much detail, let's just say there were a lot of bandanas, chokers, and yes, the occasional bandaid. But that's just between you and me, okay? In any case, I still think this is a great rap album — it's got just enough glam cliches but still shows glimmers of rawness. Too bad Nelly forgot his roots and wrote a 3 minute
commercial song for Air Force Ones...
Also, true story: My mom asked for this album for Christmas the year it came out and I actually have a picture of her holding it up right after she opened it. It's still on heavy rotation in her car.
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'