On This Day In Music History...
June 27, 2000: Nelly's debut album "Country Grammar" was released.
Not even gonna lie, this video inspired a lot of fashion choices for me in the summer of 2000. Without going into too much detail, let's just say there were a lot of bandanas, chokers, and yes, the occasional bandaid. But that's just between you and me, okay? In any case, I still think this is a great rap album — it's got just enough glam cliches but still shows glimmers of rawness. Too bad Nelly forgot his roots and wrote a 3 minute
commercial song for Air Force Ones...
Also, true story: My mom asked for this album for Christmas the year it came out and I actually have a picture of her holding it up right after she opened it. It's still on heavy rotation in her car.
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'