On This Day In Music History...
June 15, 1969: Ice Cube (O'Shea Jackson) was born!
Ice Cube is the original, Original Gangsta. Where would we be without this song? Ice Cube is so OG that his idea of a "good day" consists of things like not having to use your gun or any of your friends dying. That is seriously every day for me! A "good day" in my life would look something like, "Yay I didn't miss the bus or step in dog poo!" This is probably why I'm not a rapper... yet.
*Sidenote: does Ice Cube really expect us to believe that the Goodyear blimp read "Ice Cube's a pimp"? Blasphemy!
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- QUIZ: Do You Know All The Words To "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now