On This Day In Music History...
June 14, 1997: A then "Puff Daddy," Faith Evans and 112 hit number 1 with their song, "I'll Be Missing You"
As an homage to the late Notorious B.I.G., this song pulled at even the toughest guy's heartstrings. I remember being like seven and not understanding why my fourteen year old sister and her friends would get all solemn whenever this song came on the radio. What did I know? Music politics as far as I knew didn't go far beyond Sharon, Lois and Bram. Of course now that I'm older and wiser I understand and appreciate the gravity of this song...but mostly because it's way better than The Police's "Every Breath You Take".
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars