On This Day In Music History...
June 14, 1997: A then "Puff Daddy," Faith Evans and 112 hit number 1 with their song, "I'll Be Missing You"
As an homage to the late Notorious B.I.G., this song pulled at even the toughest guy's heartstrings. I remember being like seven and not understanding why my fourteen year old sister and her friends would get all solemn whenever this song came on the radio. What did I know? Music politics as far as I knew didn't go far beyond Sharon, Lois and Bram. Of course now that I'm older and wiser I understand and appreciate the gravity of this song...but mostly because it's way better than The Police's "Every Breath You Take".
- How Many Times Will You Watch One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Video?
- Dave Grohl Explains How The Place You Live Inspires Your Songwriting
- Stream These 15 Boo-tiful Songs About Ghosts
- It's Official! Taylor Swift's '1989' Track List Has Landed
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?
- You Won't Forget These Handwritten "Amnesia" Lyrics from 5SOS
- WATCH Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd's "Love Me Harder" Lyric Video