On This Day In Music History...
June 14, 1997: A then "Puff Daddy," Faith Evans and 112 hit number 1 with their song, "I'll Be Missing You"
As an homage to the late Notorious B.I.G., this song pulled at even the toughest guy's heartstrings. I remember being like seven and not understanding why my fourteen year old sister and her friends would get all solemn whenever this song came on the radio. What did I know? Music politics as far as I knew didn't go far beyond Sharon, Lois and Bram. Of course now that I'm older and wiser I understand and appreciate the gravity of this song...but mostly because it's way better than The Police's "Every Breath You Take".
- 10 Fun Facts About John Legend's 'All of Me'
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School