On This Day In Music History...
June 14, 1997: A then "Puff Daddy," Faith Evans and 112 hit number 1 with their song, "I'll Be Missing You"
As an homage to the late Notorious B.I.G., this song pulled at even the toughest guy's heartstrings. I remember being like seven and not understanding why my fourteen year old sister and her friends would get all solemn whenever this song came on the radio. What did I know? Music politics as far as I knew didn't go far beyond Sharon, Lois and Bram. Of course now that I'm older and wiser I understand and appreciate the gravity of this song...but mostly because it's way better than The Police's "Every Breath You Take".
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015