On This Day In Music History...
June 14, 1997: A then "Puff Daddy," Faith Evans and 112 hit number 1 with their song, "I'll Be Missing You"
As an homage to the late Notorious B.I.G., this song pulled at even the toughest guy's heartstrings. I remember being like seven and not understanding why my fourteen year old sister and her friends would get all solemn whenever this song came on the radio. What did I know? Music politics as far as I knew didn't go far beyond Sharon, Lois and Bram. Of course now that I'm older and wiser I understand and appreciate the gravity of this song...but mostly because it's way better than The Police's "Every Breath You Take".
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'