On This Day In Music History...
June 13, 1995: Jagged Little Pill was released!
It's pretty much impossible for "You Oughta Know" to play anywhere without every girl in the vicinity instantly dropping whatever they're doing to belt out the entire song word for word. This happened to me recently, in a car, and when the song came to the "of the cross I bear that you gave to me" part, I sang what I always thought the lyrics were, "of the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me." I just always assumed the ex-boyfriend she was singing about (allegedly Dave Coulier aka Uncle Joey from Full House!) was a taxidermist or something? Needless to say, everyone stopped singing and stared at me. Lesson learned.
ANYWAY-this is a great album (uhhh hello! "Ironic," anyone? Or "Head Over Feet"). Almost any of the songs on the entire record could be my favourite. What's yours?
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015