On This Day In Music History...
September 1, 1946: Barry Gibb was born!
One of the three founding members of the Bee Gees (duh), Barry's known for his high-pitched falsetto voice and for holding the record of consecutive Billboard Hot 100 Number Ones with six.
"Stayin' Alive" is one of those classic songs that everyone knows because its managed to infiltrate all corners of pop culture. Even the Muppets did a cover!! I think it might actually be the first song I ever knew (diagonal disco point up, point down dance included) and can remember performing around the house for my embarrassed parents and their amused friends. Oh the good ol' days.
On a sidenote, how LOL is the "Stayin' Alive" music video? Just three brothers walking around a totally desolate town and showing off their insanely thin waists. What more could you ask for?
- Find Out Why Surfing Helps Jason Mraz Write Such Carefree Songs
- Ariana Grande's "Break Free" Lyric Video Is A Star Wars Tribute!
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
- Shawn Mendes' "Life Of The Party" Lyric Video Isn't A Party At All
- The 5 Most Iconic Pink Floyd Lyrics Of All Time
- Madonna Shares Lyrics to New Song "Messiah" On Instagram