On This Day In Music History…
Ginger Spice, aka Geri Halliwell, said PEACE OUT to the Spice Girls on May 31st, 1998. Since this was before the Internet had really taken off, my mom was the one to inform me of this sad news, and as a massive SG worshipper it was the worst day of my childhood. No joke. Thankfully, they got back together in 2007 and I attended their reunion tour! *happy days*
May 31st, 1948 marks legendary Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham's birthday. When I joined my middle school's band many years ago, I tried out for the drums, and would listen to old Led Zeppelin songs to get my drummer energy buzzing (Rock and Roll, anyone?). Bonham was a true talent, and people around the world still pay tribute to him on his birthday even though he passed away almost 31 years ago. Here's a heavy metal sign in honor of Mr. JB. m/
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect