On This Day In Music History…
Ginger Spice, aka Geri Halliwell, said PEACE OUT to the Spice Girls on May 31st, 1998. Since this was before the Internet had really taken off, my mom was the one to inform me of this sad news, and as a massive SG worshipper it was the worst day of my childhood. No joke. Thankfully, they got back together in 2007 and I attended their reunion tour! *happy days*
May 31st, 1948 marks legendary Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham's birthday. When I joined my middle school's band many years ago, I tried out for the drums, and would listen to old Led Zeppelin songs to get my drummer energy buzzing (Rock and Roll, anyone?). Bonham was a true talent, and people around the world still pay tribute to him on his birthday even though he passed away almost 31 years ago. Here's a heavy metal sign in honor of Mr. JB. m/
- Lyric Reveal: Jodeci's New Album 'The Past, The Present, The Future'
- 15 Easter-Ready Tracks To Kick Off Your Long Weekend
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Check Out Darius Rucker's Beautiful 'Southern Style' Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)