On This Day In Music History...
August 21, 1965: The Lovin' Spoonful released their hit "Do You Believe In Magic?"
Isn't this just the cutest song? Honestly, there's not a soul who hasn't heard "Do You Believe In Magic". It just instantly puts you in a goofy happy mood. I mean, check out the chick in the stripes at 1:05, she's having a GREAT time!
This song mostly reminds me of the (updated) Parent Trap movie with a fresh-faced Lindsay Lohan in her debut role! Right when they figure out they're twins, they begin plotting the old switcheroo and "Do You Believe In Magic?" starts playing (1:44) in the background. So fitting, right?
*Confession: my best friend and I would actually rewind and re-watch the handshake scene until we learned the whole thing. Pretty sure I still remember it.
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz