On This Day In Music History...
August 19, 2008: Lady Gaga releases her debut album The Fame and embarks on her ongoing journey to weird-land...
It's kind of a joke in our office when we overhear people calling Lady Gaga "weird". It's pretty much the most Captain-Obvious statement anybody could make, plus it's totally unoriginal! As huge Gaga fans we prefer to call her Avant Garde because she's ahead of her time and we can never predict what she'll wear or do next.
We decided to use publicity photos from each of her albums to track her evolution...
Pretty tame, regular haircut, black suit, kind of kooky with the glittery lightening bolt a la Ke$ha (although I think Gaga did it first...)
The Fame Monster (see what she did there?):
A bit weirder, short messy hair, crazy makeup, robot dress
and currently, Born This Way:
Full-on witch mode! Check the shoes, the cape, the headpiece; has she reached the pinnacle of "weird" yet? I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings