One Direction Defends Their So-Called "Inappropriate" Lyrics
Image c/o Francois Durand (Getty)
British newspapers are calling out One Direction's lyrics as inappropriately suggestive, and band member Louis Tomlinson was the first to react:
"The thing is with the way the lyrics read, they read how you want them to read. If you want to read them with a dirty mind, fair enough. But if not, it can mean a completely different thing."
Extracted from their hit song "Live While We're Young", the following words made publications question the innocence of 1D's lyrics:
It's now or never, don't overthink, just let it go, and if we get together, get together, don't let the pictures leave your phone
Harry Styles chipped in his two sense on the matter as well:
"I think you read into it what you will. We are 18, 19 and 20-year-old boys. The fans seem to like it, so it's all good."
We want to know what you think about One Direction's lyrics: are they all in fun, or are they suggestive to younger listeners? Share your thoughts with us!
- Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do" Video Is Making Us Hungry
- It's Here! Listen To Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj's "Bang Bang"
- WATCH Hilary Duff Go Beachin' In Her "Chasing The Sun" Video
- These 9 Country Songs Pretty Much Define Summertime
- Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video