Our 5 Favorite Makeout Songs
Inspired by Katy Perry's romantic playlist, we curated our own!
One of our favorite pop divas, Katy Perry, revealed her favorite songs to listen to when she's having a hot date night with beau John Mayer. During her iTunes radio guest DJ spot, the pop star shared her favorite romantic songs at the moment, including Drake's "Hold On We're Going Home", and said she loved to get down to Lorde, HAIM, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Robyn.
It got us to thinking: what are OUR current favorite makeout songs? Scroll on down to find out:
5. "With Your Suit & Tie On (Marvin Gaye vs Justin Timberlake)"
Mashing up JT's "Suit And Tie" with Marvin Gaye's classic "Let's Get it On", this Frankentune by DJ RRod is one of our favorite things to happen in music, ever. Justin's fun & funky single mixed with probably the world's sexiest song makes perfect sense sonically, even though the songs don't really sound like one another. We love it!
4. "Get Lucky"
It's an obvious choice, but it's stated right there in 2013's most infectious hit by Daft Punk: they're up all night to get lucky. We're surprised Katy Perry didn't mention this song on her list!
3. "Tattooed Heart"
If you want to get a little romantic when you're with your significant other, maybe in a more traditional way (going steady, anybody?), put Ariana Grande's "Tattooed Heart" on the stereo and get transported back to 1954. Wrap your best girl in your jacket and kiss her under the moonlight!
Bruno Mars gets saucy with his latest single off Unorthodox Jukebox with probably his most X-rated lyrics to date. When he performed the song at the 2013 MTV Music Video Awards, we didn't realize how down-and-dirty the words were until we looked 'em up (on our own site, of course). It's sure to set the mood when you're with the love of your life.
1. "All Of Me" Penned for John Legend's new wife, Chrissy Teigen, we can't think of a more romantic song to play during some good ol' fashioned alone time with your lover. If it's good enough for a supermodel and her songwriter husband, it's definitely good enough for us. Sigh!
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show