Peter Gabriel & His Massive Orchestra To Play Live On Letterman
Music legend Peter Gabriel does his best Burl Ives impression
Known for his hits like "Solsbury Hill" and "Sledgehammer" with the amazing stop-motion video, Peter Gabriel has yet another claim-to-fame that not many know about: he's an ex member of Genesis, AKA the group Phil Collins drummed in before he went solo!
We've got one more fun fact for you about Mr. Peter Gabriel — he'll be joining the ranks of Coldplay and Foster The People as he graces Live On Letterman's stage with not only his presence, but a 46-piece orchestra on November 9th!
Peter's latest album New Blood is one of his exciting projects he's ever embarked on, re-working the hit tracks of his career to fit the orchestra. It's a continuation of his previous record, Scratch My Back, where the Grammy-winning rock'n'roll hall-of-famer covered songs with his orchestra by various artists. If you haven't heard his rendition of "My Body Is A Cage" by Arcade Fire, you need to ASAP!
Peter Gabriel & The New Blood Orchestra perform on L.O.L. (Live On Letterman — not to be mistaken for laughing out loud!) on Wednesday, November 9th. Be sure to tune in on L.O.L.'s website or CBS.com — it's going to be one heck of a show!
Play us out with "Red Rain", Peter!
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing
- Check Out Every Lyric Off Rising-Star Kat Dahlia's Debut Album
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015
- Daniel Kim Mixed 66 Songs In His 2014 Pop Danthology Mashup
- Get All The Lyrics To Nicki Minaj's Epic New Album 'The Pinkprint'