Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
What is it about reggae that makes us think of sunshine? Enjoy these tracks on your next sunny day on the sand.
There's just something so simultaneous with summertime and reggae music, right? Originating in Jamaica in the late 1960s, many other genres fall under the breezy, relaxing reggae blanket including ska, dub, and reggae fusion. Are you planning on heading to the beach anytime this summer? Chances are, you'll have at least a track or two that falls under this easy-going genre ready to play on your phone, and maybe even a full playlist containing some of the best reggae tracks around. Need some help compiling your list? No problem: we've picked out eight essential reggae jams that you've gotta blast at the beach in order to fully appreciate them...
8. Letting Go (Dutty Love) — Sean Kingston ft. Nicki Minaj
Most sunshine-y lyric: "You can finally feel the wind when it blows / Don't be scared to be free to let go, show it off / Feel like letting go..."
7. Watch Out For This (Bumaye) — Major Lazer ft. Busy Signal, The Flexican & FS Green
Most sunshine-y lyric: "Music ah bombs, lyrics by di tons / An mi high grade send from above, mi tell dem / Watch out fi dis..."
6. Sunshine — Matisyahu
Most sunshine-y lyric: "It's raining in your mind / So push them clouds aside / Forever by my side / You're my golden sunshine..."
5. Make It Bun Dem — Skrillex & Damian "Jr Gong" Marley
Most sunshine-y lyric: "We mash up the place / Turn up the bass / And make them all have fun / A-we ablaze the fire / Make it burn them..."
4. What I Got — Sublime
Most sunshine-y lyric: "Love's what I got, don't start a riot / You'll feel it when the dance gets hot / Lovin' is what I got, I said remember that..."
3. Underneath It All — No Doubt ft. Lady Saw
Most sunshine-y lyric: "You're really lovely, underneath it all / And you want to love me, underneath it all / I'm really lucky, underneath it all / And you're really lovely..."
2. Is This Love — Bob Marley & The Wailers
Most sunshine-y lyric: "Is this love, is this love, is this love / Is this love that I'm feelin'? / I wanna know..."
1. Rude — MAGIC!
Most sunshine-y lyric: "Why you gotta be so rude? / Don't you know I'm human too / Why you gotta be so rude / I'm gonna marry her anyway..."
What reggae jams are you throwing on your beach playlist this summer? Tell us in the comments!
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola