Playlistin': 6 Holiday Records for 2011
Ah, the art of the holiday album: It seems that ever since Bing Crosby made a name for himself singing Christmas songs, everyone has been trying to do the same. And who doesn't love the holiday season? If you discount the stress and busyness of it, you're left with cozy, festive, social memories and the chance to create new ones every year. In order to get yourself in the holiday spirit, music is usually the biggest help; it evokes nostalgia, happiness, and fun! These Christmas albums (and singles) were all released this year and are the perfect soundtrack to cookie-baking or tree decorating...
"Won't be wrapped under a tree, I want something that lasts forever, so kiss me on this cold December night" — Cold December Night
"I really can't stay (But, Baby it's cold outside) / I've got to go away (Baby it's cold outside) / This evening has been (Been hoping that you'd drop in) / So very nice (I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice)" — Baby, It's Cold Outside
"I'm still holding on, I know what I have / And all that I want is Christmas Eve with you / With you, yeah" — Christmas Eve With You
"And me, and you gonna have ourselves a holiday / And we don't need nobody else to celebrate / And we're gon' kiss our worries and our cares away / I can't wait"
"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas / With every Christmas card I write / May your days be merry and bright / And may all your Christmases be white" — White Christmas
"Baby I hear melodies when your heart beats / Baby it sings to me like / (Fa la la la la, fa la la la) / Know that it's Christmas time" — Fa La La (ft. Boyz II Men)
Which album will you be picking up this holiday season?
-AH & SJ
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele