Playlistin': In Honour Of #Chavril — 3 Songs Featuring Unlikely Duets
"WHAT?" was the exclamation heard around the world upon hearing the news that Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger got engaged. Right away we knew we had to address it in some lyrical way so we wrote out their potential wedding vows using only lyrics from both artists' discographies. But that just wasn't enough for us. Nope, we are STILL stuck on #Chavril and we couldn't let the subject rest so we decided to gather three songs featuring some very unlikely duets. Hope you enjoy!
"I'm havin' a party / A party for two / I ain't inviting nobody / Nobody but you"
This duet starts off pretty unlikely for one reason: Mark McGrath doesn't seem to want to come to super-babe Shania Twain's party for some reason! That's the main thing wrong with this picture. Still a catchy song though!
"Here we are now, going to the East side / I pick up my friends and we start to ride / Ride all night and we ride all day / Some may come, no but some may stay"
We're used to Gwen Stefani doing more upbeat, fun songs so this strange collaboration with Moby had us doing a double take. But all things considered (like, is he wearing a furry pink coat?) the song is really well-produced and remains on our iPods to this day.
"Say say say, what you want / But don't play games with my affection / Take, take, take what you need / But don't leave me with no direction"
This is an... unlikely collabo to us because Michael Jackson was at the height of his fame at the time and Paul McCartney was kind of unhip by then, right? Also the fact that this video is set in the Old West is kind of odd. Any way you slice it though, when two great songwriters come together they're bound to create an awesome song and that's what we have here.
What are some other weird duets you can think of? Tell us in the comments!
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend
- Can Ariana Grande "Break Free" From An Alien Attack?