5 Lyrics That Show Dad Some Love This Father's Day
These artists have some serious love for their dads. They're the perfect songs for Father's Day!
What are you doing this Sunday for Father's Day? Whether you take your old man out for a day of fishing or just stay in and hang out, Father's Day is all about appreciating daddy dearest. The artists featured in this tribute to FD all have places in their hearts for their dads. How do we know? Why, they shout out their fathers in their lyrics, of course! We bet all these proud pops shed a tear or two (well, tried to cover them up probably) when they heard the following songs that showed them love from their famous offspring: count 'em down with us!
5. Fergie — Glamorous
"Yeah, it's been a long road and the industry is cold / I'm glad my daddy told me so..."
4. Lupe Fiasco — The Show Goes On
"See, that's how that Chi-Town made me, that's how my daddy raised me / That glitterin' may not be gold, don't let nobody play me..."
3. Amy Winehouse — Rehab
"They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, 'No, no, no' / Yes, I've been black but when I come back you'll know, know, know / I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine..."
2. Linkin Park — Hands Held High
"My dad, he's got a lot of fear I know / But enough pride inside not to let that show..."
1. Lady Gaga — Yoü And I
"There's only three men that I'ma serve my whole life / It's my daddy and Nebraska and Jesus Christ..."
We wanna know: what lyrics would you dedicate to your dear old dad? Share your favorite Father's Day lyrics with us!
Connect with us: we want to be friends with you on Facebook & follow you on Twitter!
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"
- Go On A Date With Every One Direction Member in "Night Changes"
- 5 More Songs That Were Written For Other Artists