Playlistin': ~*MaGiC MuSiC*~
The MetroLyricsLoves contributors are first-generation Potterheads, and with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Pt. II officially in theatres, we're all kinda suffering from Post Potter Depression. What better way to cure the blues than a playlist inspired by the HP characters themselves? Here's our top 5 tracks that remind us of the Potter phenomenon:
Two words: Wingardium. Leviosa.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, much? Yeah. That's right.
Slytherin's theme song. Am I right?
This one's goin' out to the Hogwarts Express. That's where everything happened, right? Where Harry met Ron and Hermione and they ate super weird jelly beans and chocolate frogs?
Dedicated to Lily, Harry's mum, for being born a wizard into a Muggle family. Her sister, Harry's aunt Petunia, ridiculed her for being who she was, so this goes out to all you bullied wizards out there! Rejoice and love yourself today!
Here's an little extra tidbit for ya: who would some of the HP characters be if they were pop stars?
Malfoy - Eminem
With word of Tom Felton taking on a rap career post-Harry Potter, we thought it'd be apropos to assign Malfoy the role of Eminem. We'll see if Felton can carry his weight as the next big white rapper...
Harry - Rivers Cuomo
We'll admit it: Harry is totally Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo because of the glasses. But I guess they both have the same stance, dress style, demeanor...
Snape - Trent Reznor
There are comparisons of these two all over the Internet. Seriously, give it a Google and you'll see the crazy resemblance. Plus, they're both kinda creepy, dark & mysterious...
And now, a moment of silence for the end of the Harry Potter saga.
- AH, SJ & AL
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'
- Owl City Premieres New 'Wolf Bite' Video, Shares Handwritten Lyrics
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video