Playlistin': On This Day, These Songs Were At #1
One of our more nerdy yet favorite pastimes is to look back at the music charts over the past years and reminisce over what songs were at number 1. So for this edition of Playlistin', we checked out the Billboard charts to see what tunes were at the top spot ten years ago, twenty years ago, etc etc etc. From the 60's to today, here's the songs that were at no.1 on the music charts on August 17th:
6. August 17th, 1962: Breaking Up Is Hard To Do — Neil Sedaka
"They say that breaking up is hard to do / Now I know, I know that it's true"
5. August 17th, 1972: Alone Again — Gilbert O'Sullivan
"May as well go home / As I did on my own / Alone again, naturally"
4. August 17th, 1982: Survivor — Eye Of The Tiger
"It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight / Risin' up to the challenge of our rival"
3. August 17th, 1992: Boyz II Men — End Of The Road
"Although we've come to the end of the road / Still I can't let you go"
2. August 17th, 2002: Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland — Dilemma
"No matter what I do / All I think about is you / Even when I'm with my boo / Boy, ya know I'm crazy over you"
1. August 17th, 2012: Flo Rida — Whistle
"You just put your lips together / And you come real close / Can you blow my whistle baby, whistle baby / Here we go"
Which one of these songs is your favorite #1? Let us know!
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video