Playlistin': On This Day, These Songs Were At #1
One of our more nerdy yet favorite pastimes is to look back at the music charts over the past years and reminisce over what songs were at number 1. So for this edition of Playlistin', we checked out the Billboard charts to see what tunes were at the top spot ten years ago, twenty years ago, etc etc etc. From the 60's to today, here's the songs that were at no.1 on the music charts on August 17th:
6. August 17th, 1962: Breaking Up Is Hard To Do — Neil Sedaka
"They say that breaking up is hard to do / Now I know, I know that it's true"
5. August 17th, 1972: Alone Again — Gilbert O'Sullivan
"May as well go home / As I did on my own / Alone again, naturally"
4. August 17th, 1982: Survivor — Eye Of The Tiger
"It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight / Risin' up to the challenge of our rival"
3. August 17th, 1992: Boyz II Men — End Of The Road
"Although we've come to the end of the road / Still I can't let you go"
2. August 17th, 2002: Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland — Dilemma
"No matter what I do / All I think about is you / Even when I'm with my boo / Boy, ya know I'm crazy over you"
1. August 17th, 2012: Flo Rida — Whistle
"You just put your lips together / And you come real close / Can you blow my whistle baby, whistle baby / Here we go"
Which one of these songs is your favorite #1? Let us know!
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"