Playlistin': Songs From Albums That Drop On September 18th
September 18th, 2012, is one of the most important days of the year. Why, you ask? The biggest pop stars on the planet are ALL releasing HUGE albums! Just take a look at our Albums page and you'll see: everybody who's anybody has selected Tuesday, September 18th as their record drop date. So, who are we the most excited for when it comes to new releases? These five artists are on our must-hear playlist of 2012, so sit back, relax, and crank these tunes whilst you wait for Tuesday to roll around:
5. Nelly Furtado — Spirit Indestructible
It's officially been 6 years since Nelly Furtado released a record, so we gotta say we're pretty excited to hear new tunes from the Canadian pop star. With an album title like The Spirit Indestructible, we can only expect that this is Nelly's strongest record yet!
4. The Killers — Runaways
As one of the most critically-acclaimed rock bands of our generation, every time The Killers put out a record, the world listens! The exciting title Battle Born makes us want to hear what the rock group's got up their sleeve for their fourth studio album.
3. Pink — Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
Pink's The Truth About Love could JUST be the most eclectic pop record of the year! We know that Pink dabbles in rock, R&B, and even electronic music, so we can't wait to listen to her new album track-by-track.
2. Kanye West ft. Big Sean & Pusha T & 2 Chainz — Mercy
As one of the most anticipated releases EVER for rap/hip-hop fans, Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music collaborative effort Cruel Summer features some of the biggest names in the game right now — and not to mention how awesome the album art is!
1. Carly Rae Jepsen — This Kiss
Alright, guys: whether you like Carly Rae Jepsen or not, you have to agree: you're curious as to what her new album Kiss is going to sound like, right? That's why it's at no.1 on our playlist — the adorable singer/songwriter is sure to have everybody on their toes, wondering if she can produce the next big hit of 2012.
What albums are you looking forward to this fall? Let us know in the comments!
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs