Playlistin': The Best Five Songs By The Monkees
We are still heartbroken over the loss of Davy Jones, the original member of 60's pop rock sensation The Monkees, this past Wednesday. To many, Davy Jones was a teen idol and heartthrob, entertaining the world on their variety show The Monkees as he made people laugh and sing along to his wonderfully catchy tunes. We turned to the lyrics page of The Monkees to find out the most-searched songs by our users, and then counted them down from number five to number one to honor the legacy of Davy Jones. Here they are, the best five songs by The Monkees:
5. We Were Made For Each Other
"We were made for each other / As the stars were made for the sky / We were made for each other / No other love have I"
4. I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone
"You've been awful careful 'bout the friends you choose / But you won't find my name in your book of who's who / I said, I I I I, I'm not your steppin' stone"
3. Last Train To Clarksville
"Take the last train to Clarksville / And I'll meet you at the station / You can be be here by four thirty / 'Cause I've made your reservation / Don't be slow / Oh, no, no, no"
2. Daydream Believer
"Cheer up, sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean / To a daydream believer and a homecoming queen? / Cheer up, sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean / To a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?"
1. I'm A Believer
"Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer / Not a trace of doubt in my mind / I'm in love, I'm a believer / I couldn't leave her if I tried"
Which Monkees song is your favorite? Let us know in the comments. RIP Davy Jones — meet you in Clarksville.
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School