PREMIERE: AFI Unveil Lyrics To Upcoming Album 'Burials'
See every lyric to the band's new album ahead of release date
Starting their work on their ninth studio album, in 2011, alt-rockers AFI will be releasing Burials on Tuesday, October 22nd. To get an idea of where the group is going with their new sounds, frontman Davey Havok, said of the new record: "This record is of silence, of burials, and the burials that result from that silence. It's of betrayal, cruelty, weakness, anxiety, panic - deep and slow - despair, injury and loss. And in this it is shamefully honest and resolutely unforgiving".
Such sounds can be heard in the first single off Burials, "I Hope You Suffer", which is a heart-wrenching ballad about wishing the worst on a person who broke your heart. The entire record seems to hold onto that theme, with Havok also stating the album is "far, far less straightforward than what [they] did on the last record, which - much like every record [they] create - was the result of a natural growth, a natural indication of where [they] are as songwriters now".
Burials may be coming out in a week, but we're premiering the lyrics on our site before anybody else. Read the words to every song off AFI's upcoming album:
1. The Sinking Night
2. I Hope You Suffer
3. A Deep Slow Panic
4. No Resurrection
5. 17 Crimes
6. The Conductor
7. Heart Stops
9. The Embrace
11. Greater Than 84
13. The Face Beneath The Waves
Watch the music video for AFI's latest single, "17 Crimes", on VEVO below:
You can pre-order AFI's Burials now on iTunes.
Share your favorite lyric from Burials in the comments.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015