PREMIERE: See The Lyrics To Billy Currington's Album We Are Tonight
An exclusive first look at the lyrics ahead of release date!
Country superstar Billy Currington is set to release his highly anticipated new album We Are Tonight, his first full length in three years. The LP drops tomorrow and MetroLyrics is bringing you an exclusive first look at every lyric to the new album a day ahead of the release.
On We Are Tonight, Billy worked with three different producers. Says Billy: "It wasn't planned but just kind of happened that way. It was a great experience to be able to bring a different sound to this album and I hope the fans love it as much as I do."
Billy also recruited some of Nashville's most sought after songwriters to contribute to the release, resulting in an album that tackles a variety of subject matter. Highlights include the song "23 Degrees and South," a song about letting the wind be your compass, and the fun-loving Willie Nelson duet "It's Hard To Be A Hippie." Lead single "Hey Girl" is climbing the charts at a rapid pace — no surprise given that Billy has seven #1 hits to his name.
Check out all the lyrics to the album below and tell us your favorite in the comments.
1. Hey Girl
3. One Way Ticket
4. 23 Degrees and South
5. We Are Tonight
6. Hard To Be A Hippie (With Willie Nelson)
7. Closer Tonight
8. Another Day Without You
9. Banana Pancakes (Jack Johnson cover)
As an added bonus, here's a special video where Billy takes us behind the making of We Are Tonight, providing us with commentary on some of the album's biggest songs. Check it out below.
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola