R.I.P. Adam Yauch, MCA of Beastie Boys
We are shocked, stunned and saddened to report the loss of Beastie Boy Adam Yaunch, AKA MCA, who succumbed to cancer at the age of 47. The rapper began his battle with the terrible disease back in 2009, and put up an extraordinary fight, releasing the group's eighth album Hot Sauce Committee Part Two in 2011 despite his illness. We are huge fans of Adam's music and were proud to hear of his accomplishments over the past few years, making us truly shaken by this tragic news.
Ask anybody who grew up in the 80s and 90s when hip-hop was on the verge of becoming an international phenomenon, and it's virtually a given that they grew up listening to the Boys and MCA's relatable rhymes. Paving the way for a new brand of MC, The Beastie Boys continue to have a lasting influence on the hip-hop genre.
Twitter's worldwide trending topics already reflect the impact that The Beastie Boys and MCA had on music fans everywhere; Adam Yauch, Beastie Boys, MCA, #RIPMCA and Licensed to Ill are all trending on the social media site. The world has nothing but great things to say about the groundbreaking, inspiring Adam "MCA" Yauch.
Share your MCA and Beastie Boys memories with us in the comments. RIP MCA: we wish nothing but the best for your family, friends and fellow bandmates.
- "Salsa Tequila" Nails All Four Elements In A Hit Summer Single
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us