Remembering Kurt Cobain: 18 Years Later
Although we lost a true legend 18 years ago today, singer/songwriter Kurt Cobain will remain an inspiration and pop culture icon for decades to come. The Nirvana frontman was only 27 when he took his own life, sadly admitting himself into the "27 club" along the likes of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and more recently Amy Winehouse.
Kurt was a voice for youth in the early 1990s, challenging young people to find themselves and change the world. Besides the quote above, Kurt is known for also stating the following:
Most importantly, Kurt is remembered through his lyrics that he penned with Nirvana. His most popular lyrics are some of his best, taken from "About A Girl", "Heart Shaped Box", and "Smells Like Teen Spirit":
How have you been affected by Kurt's lyrics? Let us know in the comments. RIP Kurt Cobain.
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing
- Check Out Every Lyric Off Rising-Star Kat Dahlia's Debut Album
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist