Remembering Kurt Cobain: 18 Years Later
Although we lost a true legend 18 years ago today, singer/songwriter Kurt Cobain will remain an inspiration and pop culture icon for decades to come. The Nirvana frontman was only 27 when he took his own life, sadly admitting himself into the "27 club" along the likes of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and more recently Amy Winehouse.
Kurt was a voice for youth in the early 1990s, challenging young people to find themselves and change the world. Besides the quote above, Kurt is known for also stating the following:
Most importantly, Kurt is remembered through his lyrics that he penned with Nirvana. His most popular lyrics are some of his best, taken from "About A Girl", "Heart Shaped Box", and "Smells Like Teen Spirit":
How have you been affected by Kurt's lyrics? Let us know in the comments. RIP Kurt Cobain.
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show