Remembering Kurt Cobain: 18 Years Later
Although we lost a true legend 18 years ago today, singer/songwriter Kurt Cobain will remain an inspiration and pop culture icon for decades to come. The Nirvana frontman was only 27 when he took his own life, sadly admitting himself into the "27 club" along the likes of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and more recently Amy Winehouse.
Kurt was a voice for youth in the early 1990s, challenging young people to find themselves and change the world. Besides the quote above, Kurt is known for also stating the following:
Most importantly, Kurt is remembered through his lyrics that he penned with Nirvana. His most popular lyrics are some of his best, taken from "About A Girl", "Heart Shaped Box", and "Smells Like Teen Spirit":
How have you been affected by Kurt's lyrics? Let us know in the comments. RIP Kurt Cobain.
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video
- Watch Sultry Soul Singer Jenn Em's New 'Jailkeeper' Lyric Video
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic's Hilarious Parody of Pharrell's 'Happy'
- Are You In The Pretty Reckless's "Heaven Knows" Lyric Video?