Remembering Kurt Cobain: 18 Years Later
Although we lost a true legend 18 years ago today, singer/songwriter Kurt Cobain will remain an inspiration and pop culture icon for decades to come. The Nirvana frontman was only 27 when he took his own life, sadly admitting himself into the "27 club" along the likes of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and more recently Amy Winehouse.
Kurt was a voice for youth in the early 1990s, challenging young people to find themselves and change the world. Besides the quote above, Kurt is known for also stating the following:
Most importantly, Kurt is remembered through his lyrics that he penned with Nirvana. His most popular lyrics are some of his best, taken from "About A Girl", "Heart Shaped Box", and "Smells Like Teen Spirit":
How have you been affected by Kurt's lyrics? Let us know in the comments. RIP Kurt Cobain.
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"
- Oh My Gosh, Look At Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" Music Video
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video