Remembering Kurt Cobain: 18 Years Later
Although we lost a true legend 18 years ago today, singer/songwriter Kurt Cobain will remain an inspiration and pop culture icon for decades to come. The Nirvana frontman was only 27 when he took his own life, sadly admitting himself into the "27 club" along the likes of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and more recently Amy Winehouse.
Kurt was a voice for youth in the early 1990s, challenging young people to find themselves and change the world. Besides the quote above, Kurt is known for also stating the following:
Most importantly, Kurt is remembered through his lyrics that he penned with Nirvana. His most popular lyrics are some of his best, taken from "About A Girl", "Heart Shaped Box", and "Smells Like Teen Spirit":
How have you been affected by Kurt's lyrics? Let us know in the comments. RIP Kurt Cobain.
- Check Out the Lyrics to Three Days Grace's "I Am Machine" Ahead of Release
- Ne-Yo's Back! WATCH His "She Knows" Lyric Video ft. Juicy J
- AUDIO: Kendrick Lamar's "i" Is Blowing Up The Internet
- PREMIERE: Nickelback 'What Are You Waiting For?' Lyric Video
- Fall For These 15 Songs About Autumn
- Ring The Alarm! Jessie J's "Burnin' Up" Is, Duh, On Fire
- Enter for a Chance to Win From Indian Lakes' Handwritten Lyrics