Ricky Blaze Lives Up To His Name: My Musical Mind
Find out what makes this Brooklyn-based producer tick in his handwritten questionnaire.
It's not often that an artist has a feature with a hit artist and is signed to a huge record label at just 22 years old. Brooklyn native Ricky Blaze may be best known for his verses on Major Lazer's hit track "Keep It Goin' Louder", but with an EP under his belt, as well as a new single that just dropped yesterday, the up-and-coming producer blends the sounds of hip-hop, reggae, and pop into one party-ready genre that only he can claim.
Which is why we had to get Ricky to fill out one of our My Musical Mind surveys: since he's on the rise and all, we get to claim that we knew him before his impeding stardom. So what did he reveal in his handwritten questionnaire? Well, we learned that he's a N.E.R.D. fan (who isn't), he knows a thing or two about Photoshop, and he's a big fan of his "Just You & I" lyrics. Read on to find out all about Ricky Blaze in our exclusive My Musical Mind survey:
Watch the official music video for Ricky Blaze ft. Chelley's "Take Ya Money" below:
Like what you hear? The single is available for download off iTunes today.
Got a favorite tune from Ricky Blaze? We wanna hear it in the comments.
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!