RIP Heavy D, Hip-Hop Pioneer
Rap pioneer Heavy D passed away today at the age of 44 according to TMZ. As the front man for the group Heavy D & the Boyz, he was best known for combining lyrical skills with genre pushing, dance-style beats.
The band's 1989 album Big Tyme was the group's breakout commercial success, including successful hits like "We Got Our Own Thang" and "Somebody For Me." Arguably their best known song, "Now That We Found Love" from the 1991 album Peaceful Journey, is Heavy D's most popular lyric on MetroLyrics. Stream the video for the song below.
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings