RIP Legendary Country Singer George Jones
Image c/o Michael Buckner | Getty
It is a sad day in the world of country, as one of its greatest influencers, George Jones, has passed away at the age of 81. With a whopping 150 album under his belt, and more than 160 singles, that's heaps more than any other artist in any genre has to claim. The two-time GRAMMY-award winner had a career in music that spanned over a half-century, and will continue to inspire future artists to create music of their very own.
In his honor, we present what we believe was his greatest song ever recorded, "He Stopped Loving Her Today":
To hear more, check out Taste of Country's list counting down the 10 best George Jones songs.
Are you a fan of George Jones and the talent he brought to country? Let us know in the comments. RIP to a true country music super star.
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze