RIP Legendary Country Singer George Jones
Image c/o Michael Buckner | Getty
It is a sad day in the world of country, as one of its greatest influencers, George Jones, has passed away at the age of 81. With a whopping 150 album under his belt, and more than 160 singles, that's heaps more than any other artist in any genre has to claim. The two-time GRAMMY-award winner had a career in music that spanned over a half-century, and will continue to inspire future artists to create music of their very own.
In his honor, we present what we believe was his greatest song ever recorded, "He Stopped Loving Her Today":
To hear more, check out Taste of Country's list counting down the 10 best George Jones songs.
Are you a fan of George Jones and the talent he brought to country? Let us know in the comments. RIP to a true country music super star.
- You+Me Drop New Lyric Video for "Capsized"
- The 5 Most Pin-Able Lyrics From One Direction's "Steal My Girl"
- Lorde Channels Katniss In Her "Yellow Flicker Beat" Lyrics
- Fleetwood Mac Returns! Co-Founder Mick Fleetwood Dishes On Reunion Tour
- Check Out the Lyrics to Three Days Grace's "I Am Machine" Ahead of Release
- Ne-Yo's Back! WATCH His "She Knows" Lyric Video ft. Juicy J
- AUDIO: Kendrick Lamar's "i" Is Blowing Up The Internet