RIP Legendary Country Singer George Jones
Image c/o Michael Buckner | Getty
It is a sad day in the world of country, as one of its greatest influencers, George Jones, has passed away at the age of 81. With a whopping 150 album under his belt, and more than 160 singles, that's heaps more than any other artist in any genre has to claim. The two-time GRAMMY-award winner had a career in music that spanned over a half-century, and will continue to inspire future artists to create music of their very own.
In his honor, we present what we believe was his greatest song ever recorded, "He Stopped Loving Her Today":
To hear more, check out Taste of Country's list counting down the 10 best George Jones songs.
Are you a fan of George Jones and the talent he brought to country? Let us know in the comments. RIP to a true country music super star.
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'