Robin Thicke on 'Blurred Lines': "We Didn't Know It Would Be This Big!"
Go 'Behind The Song' by watching Thicke's Radio.com interview!
Seeing as "Blurred Lines" is considered to be one of the best songs of 2013 -- maybe THE best -- it's no surprise that Robin Thicke's anthem is nominated for Record Of The Year at the 2014 GRAMMY Awards. The controversial track came with a controversial music video, gaining a lot of buzz to the soul singer, as well as a lawsuit from Marvin Gaye's family for its similarity to "Got To Give It Up", but any press is good press, right?
Just ask the performer, who sat down with Radio.com for GRAMMY's Behind The Song series, where Thicke talked about how "Blurred Lines" came to be. "One of the first things Pharrell did was go, 'Hey, hey, hey!' and then we started having such a great time," explains the hitmaker, referencing the producer of the song Pharrell Williams. He praises the talented songwriter for helping him pen one of 2013's most buzzworthy tracks, stating "A lot of producers try to put their sound onto you, where Pharrell really creates something individual for the artist."
Find out how Robin Thicke & Pharrell wrote "Blurred Lines" in this sit down interview with Radio.com:
What's your favorite lyric from "Blurred Lines"? We want to hear it!
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!