Robin Thicke Turns Icona Pop's "I Love It" Into An R&B Ballad
The man behind "Blurred Lines" shows off his chops by turning a club banger into a smooth jam...
Leave it to soulful singer Robin Thicke to turn a party jam into a smooth pop ditty: the "Blurred Lines" hitmaker stepped into BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge to (surprisingly) cover Icona Pop's "I Love It".
What's even more surprising is that Thicke made the rendition work, despite the original's intense vocals, pulsating beat and aggressive lyrics. We're not sure what kind of magic he's got up his sleeve to make such a cover work, but we're guessing it's Robin's near-flawless vocals that could turn any fist-pumper into an easy-listening hit.
Do you like Robin Thicke's cover of Icona Pop's "I Love It"? Let us know what you think...
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars