Robin Thicke Turns Icona Pop's "I Love It" Into An R&B Ballad
The man behind "Blurred Lines" shows off his chops by turning a club banger into a smooth jam...
Leave it to soulful singer Robin Thicke to turn a party jam into a smooth pop ditty: the "Blurred Lines" hitmaker stepped into BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge to (surprisingly) cover Icona Pop's "I Love It".
What's even more surprising is that Thicke made the rendition work, despite the original's intense vocals, pulsating beat and aggressive lyrics. We're not sure what kind of magic he's got up his sleeve to make such a cover work, but we're guessing it's Robin's near-flawless vocals that could turn any fist-pumper into an easy-listening hit.
Do you like Robin Thicke's cover of Icona Pop's "I Love It"? Let us know what you think...
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It