Santigold's New Album 'Master of My Make-Believe' Proves Smart And Fun Can Coexist
Since her debut album Santogold, Santi White has been finding herself, finding her strength, and figuring out what she wants to say. After her debut tour, she climbed to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, then climbed back down, then began work on Master of My Make-Beleive which was released on April 24th.
The album is an exploration of many themes including personal growth, political and cultural activism, and dance music. Lest you think "fun" and "smart" can't be descriptive of the same record, Master of My Make-Believe proves otherwise. In an interview with Faster Louder, Santigold said "I love melodies that are accessible and make you want to sing along. Sometimes you can say a lot in a fun song. Why does a club banger have to have stupid lyrics?" Exactly.
Here's her single "Disparate Youth", check out Streetdate for the full tracklisting and to buy the album on iTunes.
Are you a Santigold fan? What do you think of her new album? Tell us your thoughts below!
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video
- One Direction Announce 'Four' Album, Drop "Fireproof" Lyrics