Santigold's New Album 'Master of My Make-Believe' Proves Smart And Fun Can Coexist
Since her debut album Santogold, Santi White has been finding herself, finding her strength, and figuring out what she wants to say. After her debut tour, she climbed to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, then climbed back down, then began work on Master of My Make-Beleive which was released on April 24th.
The album is an exploration of many themes including personal growth, political and cultural activism, and dance music. Lest you think "fun" and "smart" can't be descriptive of the same record, Master of My Make-Believe proves otherwise. In an interview with Faster Louder, Santigold said "I love melodies that are accessible and make you want to sing along. Sometimes you can say a lot in a fun song. Why does a club banger have to have stupid lyrics?" Exactly.
Here's her single "Disparate Youth", check out Streetdate for the full tracklisting and to buy the album on iTunes.
Are you a Santigold fan? What do you think of her new album? Tell us your thoughts below!
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'