Santigold's New Album 'Master of My Make-Believe' Proves Smart And Fun Can Coexist
Since her debut album Santogold, Santi White has been finding herself, finding her strength, and figuring out what she wants to say. After her debut tour, she climbed to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, then climbed back down, then began work on Master of My Make-Beleive which was released on April 24th.
The album is an exploration of many themes including personal growth, political and cultural activism, and dance music. Lest you think "fun" and "smart" can't be descriptive of the same record, Master of My Make-Believe proves otherwise. In an interview with Faster Louder, Santigold said "I love melodies that are accessible and make you want to sing along. Sometimes you can say a lot in a fun song. Why does a club banger have to have stupid lyrics?" Exactly.
Here's her single "Disparate Youth", check out Streetdate for the full tracklisting and to buy the album on iTunes.
Are you a Santigold fan? What do you think of her new album? Tell us your thoughts below!
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist