Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
Even best-selling singer/songwriters go through writer's block. Find out what was holding Sarah back on her new album
With over 40 million records sold, and eight albums to her name, you'd think that Canadian singer/songwriter Sarah McLachlan has no problem when it comes to getting her songs out on paper. However, with a number of personal tragedies that fell her way over the past few years, the "Angel" hit-maker went through a difficult period of writer's block. Featured on CBS Sunday Morning this July 27th, McLachlan admits to correspondent Charles Osgood "I would play music. But I didn't have it in me to write anything. I need to play the piano everyday - it's like some people have a glass of wine. I go play the piano and it just calms me down."
Due to the passing of her father, going through a divorce, and severing ties with her manager, the successful star simply felt "musically nowhere." But the songs came to her eventually, and she released the record Shine On earlier this year, which is dedicated to her late father. The interview also touches on the Sarah McLachlan School of Music in Vancouver, which she founded, and states it's what she's proudest of in her life. Go Sarah!
Watch the lyric video for Sarah McLachlan's new single, "In Your Shoes", off VEVO below:
- WATCH Eminem ft. Sia's "Guts Over Fear" Lyric Video
- "Salsa Tequila" Nails All Four Elements In A Hit Summer Single
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops