Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
Even best-selling singer/songwriters go through writer's block. Find out what was holding Sarah back on her new album
With over 40 million records sold, and eight albums to her name, you'd think that Canadian singer/songwriter Sarah McLachlan has no problem when it comes to getting her songs out on paper. However, with a number of personal tragedies that fell her way over the past few years, the "Angel" hit-maker went through a difficult period of writer's block. Featured on CBS Sunday Morning this July 27th, McLachlan admits to correspondent Charles Osgood "I would play music. But I didn't have it in me to write anything. I need to play the piano everyday - it's like some people have a glass of wine. I go play the piano and it just calms me down."
Celebrate Canada Day With 15 Songs By Canadian Artists
It's Canada Day on July 1st! Celebrate your Canuck status with these 15 songs......More
Due to the passing of her father, going through a divorce, and severing ties with her manager, the successful star simply felt "musically nowhere." But the songs came to her eventually, and she released the record Shine On earlier this year, which is dedicated to her late father. The interview also touches on the Sarah McLachlan School of Music in Vancouver, which she founded, and states it's what she's proudest of in her life. Go Sarah!
Watch the lyric video for Sarah McLachlan's new single, "In Your Shoes", off VEVO below:
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect