Sarah McLachlan Admits She Was "Musically Nowhere" To CBS Sunday Morning
Even best-selling singer/songwriters go through writer's block. Find out what was holding Sarah back on her new album
With over 40 million records sold, and eight albums to her name, you'd think that Canadian singer/songwriter Sarah McLachlan has no problem when it comes to getting her songs out on paper. However, with a number of personal tragedies that fell her way over the past few years, the "Angel" hit-maker went through a difficult period of writer's block. Featured on CBS Sunday Morning this July 27th, McLachlan admits to correspondent Charles Osgood "I would play music. But I didn't have it in me to write anything. I need to play the piano everyday - it's like some people have a glass of wine. I go play the piano and it just calms me down."
Celebrate Canada Day With 15 Songs By Canadian Artists
It's Canada Day on July 1st! Celebrate your Canuck status with these 15 songs......More
Due to the passing of her father, going through a divorce, and severing ties with her manager, the successful star simply felt "musically nowhere." But the songs came to her eventually, and she released the record Shine On earlier this year, which is dedicated to her late father. The interview also touches on the Sarah McLachlan School of Music in Vancouver, which she founded, and states it's what she's proudest of in her life. Go Sarah!
Watch the lyric video for Sarah McLachlan's new single, "In Your Shoes", off VEVO below:
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why