Satellite's Steven McMorran Reveals Songwriting Inspiration (LINER NOTES)
We sat down with Steven McMorran, frontman and songwrtier for American alternative rock band Satellite to discuss his debut album...
Welcome back to Liner Notes, MetroLyrics' interview series featuring songwriters discussing their craft. In this episode, we're sitting down with Steven McMorran, frontman and songwrtier for American alternative rock band Satellite. With his debut album Calling-Birds officially on the shelves, Steven McMorran is full of anecdotes about what inspires his songwriting. It's rare you find someone this passionate about their lyrics. He describes penning one of the album's defining songs, "Brooklyn," stating that the tune started off from one of the only trees he'd ever seen in a backyard in Brooklyn, NY. He also states how important it is to be yourself, and tell the truth, like in the band's song "Say The Words." Watch the interview below to get to know more about the up-and-coming alt-rock group:
Are you a fan of Satellite and their heartfelt lyrics? Let us know in the comments...
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!