Satellite's Steven McMorran Reveals Songwriting Inspiration (LINER NOTES)
We sat down with Steven McMorran, frontman and songwrtier for American alternative rock band Satellite to discuss his debut album...
Welcome back to Liner Notes, MetroLyrics' interview series featuring songwriters discussing their craft. In this episode, we're sitting down with Steven McMorran, frontman and songwrtier for American alternative rock band Satellite. With his debut album Calling-Birds officially on the shelves, Steven McMorran is full of anecdotes about what inspires his songwriting. It's rare you find someone this passionate about their lyrics. He describes penning one of the album's defining songs, "Brooklyn," stating that the tune started off from one of the only trees he'd ever seen in a backyard in Brooklyn, NY. He also states how important it is to be yourself, and tell the truth, like in the band's song "Say The Words." Watch the interview below to get to know more about the up-and-coming alt-rock group:
Are you a fan of Satellite and their heartfelt lyrics? Let us know in the comments...
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'