Say Hello To: Ed Sheeran
Ever since UK singer/songwriter/adorable redhead Ed Sheeran released his debut single "The A Team" in the spring of 2011, his song has never left our top 100 lyrics page! Why do people love Ed so much? Well, his ability to write music and lyrics is a definite plus! Speaking of "plus", it happens to be the title of his full-length album, +, and we're not gonna lie: we've "added" all of Ed's music to our music library!
"Weary-eyed, dry throat / Call girl, no phone / And they say / She's in the Class A Team"
We'd like to think of Ed as the male counterpart of Jessie J: they're both British, write songs for other people, but have their own hits as well. Did you know that Ed helped write One Direction's "Moments"?
"My love, my heart / Is breathing for this moment, in time / I'll find the words to say / Before you leave me today"
What else puts Ed Sheeran's songwriting ability at the top of the shelf? The prestigious UK Ivor Novello awards, which highlight the cream of the crop in songwriting, awarded Ed's "The A Team" the Best Song Musically and Lyrically at the 2012 ceremony! He beat out other lyrically famous songs like Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" and Florence + The Machine's "Shake It Out", so way to go Ed!
At only 21 years old, we have high hopes for this up-and-coming songwriter. Do you have a favorite song by Ed Sheeran? Share it with us!
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"
- Go On A Date With Every One Direction Member in "Night Changes"
- 5 More Songs That Were Written For Other Artists
- Bruno Mars Returns with Mark Ronson in "Uptown Funk"
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem