See Handwritten Lyrics For Every Song From WE ARE TWIN's Debut EP
There's a whole lot of soul to be found in these handwritten lyrics.
LA based Indie-pop duo WE ARE TWIN is the brainchild of multi-instrumentalist and producer Nicolas Balachandran and singer/songwriter Gabi Christine. As the story goes, the two met at a songwriting session in 2009 and instantly clicked — songwriting synergy at first sight, you might say. That session birthed an impressive 15 songs, which makes sense given that Gabi describes their creative minds as being "identical."
Today the duo is releasing their debut EP, WE ARE TWIN. The EP includes classic doo-wop and soul inspired sounds with a modern twist. Lead single "The Way We Touch" — which you can hear below — is an upbeat, dance inducing track with a chorus that will stick in your head. If Amy Winehouse and U2 ever spent time together in studio, it might have resulted in a collaboration that sounds a lot like "The Way We Touch."
To commemorate the release of their new EP, WE ARE TWIN took the time to handwrite out the lyrics to every song on it. Check them out below and sing along to the album as you listen.
1. The Way We Touch
2. Keep On Lovin' You
3. True Love
4. Cold Stone Lips
5. Don't Tell Your Parents
WE ARE TWIN's self-titled debut EP is available now on iTunes. Stream album highlight "The Way We Touch" below, a song chosen as iTunes Single of the Week.
Share your favorite WE ARE TWIN lyric in the comments below.
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"
- Oh My Gosh, Look At Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" Music Video
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video