See Handwritten Lyrics to "Shoulders" from Isle of Rhodes
Check out the lyrics to the up-and-coming twosome's new song exclusively through us.
Self-proclaimed as "The hardest hitting keyboard duo you'll ever see", Isle of Rhodes' Robert Farren and Colin Behram make up the up-and-coming twosome that are reminiscent of acts like The Shins and Radiohead. Their new self-titled EP is out on iTunes now, and one of the EP's strongest songs, "Shoulders", has been written out for us by the band themselves. See the handwritten lyrics to the single below, as well as a quote from Isle of Rhodes' frontman Rob:
"'Shoulders' was written in a period of introspection for me. I was no longer in my young twenties, and I began to grasp that I hadn't done much in my life yet. Time has a funny way of creeping up on you, and before you know it, five years have passed, and you begin asking yourself "what have I been doing?" The song sprung out of frustration that we work so hard, but don't always leave a mark. However, the saving grace is that we get to share our lives and our 'time' with people we love. I imagined being older with my wife, having lived a tough long life, and feeling a sense of accomplishment. However, the accomplishment is somewhat melancholic because our shared time is destined to end. So, we must make the most of it, and strive to give meaning to our special ephemeral moment." — Rob Farren
Watch the music video for "Shoulders" on YouTube below:
Like what you hear? Check out Isle of Rhodes on their website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves