See Handwritten Lyrics to "Shoulders" from Isle of Rhodes
Check out the lyrics to the up-and-coming twosome's new song exclusively through us.
Self-proclaimed as "The hardest hitting keyboard duo you'll ever see", Isle of Rhodes' Robert Farren and Colin Behram make up the up-and-coming twosome that are reminiscent of acts like The Shins and Radiohead. Their new self-titled EP is out on iTunes now, and one of the EP's strongest songs, "Shoulders", has been written out for us by the band themselves. See the handwritten lyrics to the single below, as well as a quote from Isle of Rhodes' frontman Rob:
"'Shoulders' was written in a period of introspection for me. I was no longer in my young twenties, and I began to grasp that I hadn't done much in my life yet. Time has a funny way of creeping up on you, and before you know it, five years have passed, and you begin asking yourself "what have I been doing?" The song sprung out of frustration that we work so hard, but don't always leave a mark. However, the saving grace is that we get to share our lives and our 'time' with people we love. I imagined being older with my wife, having lived a tough long life, and feeling a sense of accomplishment. However, the accomplishment is somewhat melancholic because our shared time is destined to end. So, we must make the most of it, and strive to give meaning to our special ephemeral moment." — Rob Farren
Watch the music video for "Shoulders" on YouTube below:
Like what you hear? Check out Isle of Rhodes on their website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele