See Kanye West Talk About How Kanye West Writes His Raps
"I didn't write my raps down from the first 4 albums. Like, I just did it from my head straight to the booth," claims Kanye West in this brand new outtake from the documentary The Art of Rap. If that's true then color us impressed! In the video, Kanye then explains that on his most recent and most critically acclaimed album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, he felt as if his life depended on the success of the album which made him want to write down the words.
There's no denying that Kanye is a success, but what is it that fans connect to within his lyrics? In this interview he says that most of his songs are inspirational, and whenever he says "I" he really means it universally: "Even if I use first person and say 'I I I' it's always for everyone, for things that people are going through..."
Which Kanye West lyrics do you relate to the most? Tell us in the comments...
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman