See Kanye West Talk About How Kanye West Writes His Raps
"I didn't write my raps down from the first 4 albums. Like, I just did it from my head straight to the booth," claims Kanye West in this brand new outtake from the documentary The Art of Rap. If that's true then color us impressed! In the video, Kanye then explains that on his most recent and most critically acclaimed album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, he felt as if his life depended on the success of the album which made him want to write down the words.
There's no denying that Kanye is a success, but what is it that fans connect to within his lyrics? In this interview he says that most of his songs are inspirational, and whenever he says "I" he really means it universally: "Even if I use first person and say 'I I I' it's always for everyone, for things that people are going through..."
Which Kanye West lyrics do you relate to the most? Tell us in the comments...
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics