See Kanye West Talk About How Kanye West Writes His Raps
"I didn't write my raps down from the first 4 albums. Like, I just did it from my head straight to the booth," claims Kanye West in this brand new outtake from the documentary The Art of Rap. If that's true then color us impressed! In the video, Kanye then explains that on his most recent and most critically acclaimed album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, he felt as if his life depended on the success of the album which made him want to write down the words.
There's no denying that Kanye is a success, but what is it that fans connect to within his lyrics? In this interview he says that most of his songs are inspirational, and whenever he says "I" he really means it universally: "Even if I use first person and say 'I I I' it's always for everyone, for things that people are going through..."
Which Kanye West lyrics do you relate to the most? Tell us in the comments...
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend
- Can Ariana Grande "Break Free" From An Alien Attack?