See Kanye West Talk About How Kanye West Writes His Raps
"I didn't write my raps down from the first 4 albums. Like, I just did it from my head straight to the booth," claims Kanye West in this brand new outtake from the documentary The Art of Rap. If that's true then color us impressed! In the video, Kanye then explains that on his most recent and most critically acclaimed album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, he felt as if his life depended on the success of the album which made him want to write down the words.
There's no denying that Kanye is a success, but what is it that fans connect to within his lyrics? In this interview he says that most of his songs are inspirational, and whenever he says "I" he really means it universally: "Even if I use first person and say 'I I I' it's always for everyone, for things that people are going through..."
Which Kanye West lyrics do you relate to the most? Tell us in the comments...
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video
- Watch Sultry Soul Singer Jenn Em's New 'Jailkeeper' Lyric Video
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic's Hilarious Parody of Pharrell's 'Happy'
- Are You In The Pretty Reckless's "Heaven Knows" Lyric Video?
- UPDATE: Watch St. Vincent's Epic Live On Letterman Performance