Sharon Van Etten Shares Handwritten Lyrics From Upcoming Album (EXCLUSIVE)
The singer-songwriter is revealing lyrics to Are We There this week on MetroLyrics
Sharon Van Etten is a songwriter who writes lyrics from a place of true honesty and vulnerability, a skill she demonstrated in earnest on her 2012 break-out LP Tramp. Now, Sharon is back with Are We There, a new self-produced album, set for release on May 27th, that once again showcases her impressive lyrical sincerity.
We're giving you an exclusive look at the lyrics from Are We There ahead of its release, in the form of these handwritten sheets from Sharon herself. On Wednesday we published lyrics to the album's first four songs ("Afraid of Nothing," "Taking Chances," "Your Love Is Killing Me," and "Our Love"), then three more yesterday ("Tarifa," "I Love You But I'm Lost," and "You Know Me Well"), and today we're publishing the final four songs on the album ("Break Me," "Nothing Will Change," "I Know," "Every Time the Sun Comes Up"). Get ready for the release of Sharon Van Etten's Are We There by reading lyrics to the entire LP.
(*Click each image to enlarge.)
1. Afraid of Nothing
2. Taking Chances
3. Your Love Is Killing Me
4. Our Love
6. I Love You But I'm Lost
7. You Know Me Well
8. Break Me
9. Nothing Will Change
10. I Know
11. Every Time the Sun Comes Up
Are We There is available for pre-order on iTunes. You can also stream the album in full right now via iTunes Radio.
Watch the music video for "Taking Chances" below.
Share your favorite Sharon Van Etten lyric in the comments below.
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015