Skylar Grey + Eminem's Trailer-Park-Chic "C'mon Let Me Ride" Video
Skylar Grey, is that...you? The girl we used to know as a deep, emotional songwriter in a black hoodie and jeans has been replaced with a blonde, ab-baring, short-short wearing pop singer. Ever since Eminem stepped in to take over Skylar's career, it looks like the path they've chosen for her is just another smarmy popstar (Ke$ha, much?), and we're not buying it. Watch the euphemism-laden music video for "C'mon Let Me Ride" above, with Skylar crooning Come on, let me ride your bicycle / It's so fantastical, on your bicycle and Eminem affirming her advances with his silly You want to ride my bicycle / You want to ride my bike lines. As we said before, we're just not sure that we buy this trailer-trash-chic image from Skylar, and we hope her upcoming album (produced by Slim Shady himself) will be laden with more heartfelt, relatable lyrics like before.
What do you think of Skylar's new song and music video? Let us know in the comments...
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!