Snoop Lion Comes Out Against Gun Violence In "No Guns Allowed" Feat. Drake and Cori B.
Last summer when new surfaced that Snoop Dogg was becoming Snoop Lion after a "spiritual awakening" in Jamaica, we asked if you thought he would also change his lyrics. Well, with his new socially-conscious song "No Guns Allowed" we have our answer: yes! It looks like Snoop Lion is using his platform to spread awareness about gun violence and the need to end senseless killings. The new song features Cori B. and Drake, who raps about recent high-profile shootings in his hometown of Toronto , and is featured on Snoop's upcoming Major Lazer-produced album REINCARNATED which drops on April 23rd.
The newly-reggae rapper had this to say about "No Guns Allowed," "It's a powerful song and we hope to spread a positive message that hits home with people. We've seen too much bloodshed involving guns and we want to prevent the next incident from happening. That's what's it all about, trying to bring awareness and push love and peace."
What do you think of this change of tone for the artist formerly known as Snoop Dogg? Tell us in the comments...
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'