Snoop Lion Comes Out Against Gun Violence In "No Guns Allowed" Feat. Drake and Cori B.
Last summer when new surfaced that Snoop Dogg was becoming Snoop Lion after a "spiritual awakening" in Jamaica, we asked if you thought he would also change his lyrics. Well, with his new socially-conscious song "No Guns Allowed" we have our answer: yes! It looks like Snoop Lion is using his platform to spread awareness about gun violence and the need to end senseless killings. The new song features Cori B. and Drake, who raps about recent high-profile shootings in his hometown of Toronto , and is featured on Snoop's upcoming Major Lazer-produced album REINCARNATED which drops on April 23rd.
The newly-reggae rapper had this to say about "No Guns Allowed," "It's a powerful song and we hope to spread a positive message that hits home with people. We've seen too much bloodshed involving guns and we want to prevent the next incident from happening. That's what's it all about, trying to bring awareness and push love and peace."
What do you think of this change of tone for the artist formerly known as Snoop Dogg? Tell us in the comments...
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School