SYTYCD does Beirut's "The Gulag Orkestar"
So You Think You Can Dance? didn't start out as a platform for artists to get their music heard on, but look how far it's come! Known well by the Pitchfork-following community, Zach Condon's Eastern-European flavored group Beirut was featured on SYTYCD, and a couple fans are up in arms about it.
Personally, I think it's a bit silly nowadays to be upset when your favorite "underground" band gets their song on a TV show, because it's been happening for a while now (remember how The OC was notorious for that?). It's perfectly acceptable for bands to "sell out" nowadays due to the serious decline in album sales over the past 10 years...at least, in my humble opinion.
As a Beirut fan (I'm going to see their show next week), I think this is a great dance performance to an equally great song — even if Cat Deeley is a little annoying.
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'