SYTYCD does Beirut's "The Gulag Orkestar"
So You Think You Can Dance? didn't start out as a platform for artists to get their music heard on, but look how far it's come! Known well by the Pitchfork-following community, Zach Condon's Eastern-European flavored group Beirut was featured on SYTYCD, and a couple fans are up in arms about it.
Personally, I think it's a bit silly nowadays to be upset when your favorite "underground" band gets their song on a TV show, because it's been happening for a while now (remember how The OC was notorious for that?). It's perfectly acceptable for bands to "sell out" nowadays due to the serious decline in album sales over the past 10 years...at least, in my humble opinion.
As a Beirut fan (I'm going to see their show next week), I think this is a great dance performance to an equally great song — even if Cat Deeley is a little annoying.
- Lyric Reveal: Jodeci's New Album 'The Past, The Present, The Future'
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Check Out Darius Rucker's Beautiful 'Southern Style' Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn