Teen Gets Jail Time For Rap Lyrics Following Boston Bombings
Following the Boston Marathon bombings that took place this past April, a teenager from Massachusetts has been put in jail for a month on charges of making a bomb threat...
Following the Boston Marathon bombings that took place this past April, a teenager from Massachusetts has been put in jail for a month on charges of making a bomb threat after penning rap lyrics that left listeners feeling threatened. The 18-year-old, Cameron D'Ambrosio, was arrested on May 1st after friends saw him post the video on his Facebook page, making a statement about the bombings, and reported him to their high school principal. It's strange to think that we live in a world where civilians can get arrested for their lyrics, even though we are said to believe we live in a nation where freedom of speech is acceptable, but the Boston bombings were taken extremely seriously by the American government and it looks like even lyrics can get you in trouble these days.
Do you think that it's acceptable to be arrested for your words? Let us know in the comments...
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"
- Go On A Date With Every One Direction Member in "Night Changes"
- 5 More Songs That Were Written For Other Artists