Teen Gets Jail Time For Rap Lyrics Following Boston Bombings
Following the Boston Marathon bombings that took place this past April, a teenager from Massachusetts has been put in jail for a month on charges of making a bomb threat...
Following the Boston Marathon bombings that took place this past April, a teenager from Massachusetts has been put in jail for a month on charges of making a bomb threat after penning rap lyrics that left listeners feeling threatened. The 18-year-old, Cameron D'Ambrosio, was arrested on May 1st after friends saw him post the video on his Facebook page, making a statement about the bombings, and reported him to their high school principal. It's strange to think that we live in a world where civilians can get arrested for their lyrics, even though we are said to believe we live in a nation where freedom of speech is acceptable, but the Boston bombings were taken extremely seriously by the American government and it looks like even lyrics can get you in trouble these days.
Do you think that it's acceptable to be arrested for your words? Let us know in the comments...
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics