Teen Gets Jail Time For Rap Lyrics Following Boston Bombings
Following the Boston Marathon bombings that took place this past April, a teenager from Massachusetts has been put in jail for a month on charges of making a bomb threat...
Following the Boston Marathon bombings that took place this past April, a teenager from Massachusetts has been put in jail for a month on charges of making a bomb threat after penning rap lyrics that left listeners feeling threatened. The 18-year-old, Cameron D'Ambrosio, was arrested on May 1st after friends saw him post the video on his Facebook page, making a statement about the bombings, and reported him to their high school principal. It's strange to think that we live in a world where civilians can get arrested for their lyrics, even though we are said to believe we live in a nation where freedom of speech is acceptable, but the Boston bombings were taken extremely seriously by the American government and it looks like even lyrics can get you in trouble these days.
Do you think that it's acceptable to be arrested for your words? Let us know in the comments...
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's Brand New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'
- Watch This Guy Prank Call C-SPAN Using Lyrics to The Fresh Prince Theme