Tegan and Sara Admit "I Was A Fool" In Their Moody New Lyric Video
As far a heartbreak and breakup songs go, Tegan and Sara are basically experts in the genre and many of their songs make us feel so many feelings. Their new one "I Was A Fool" and its accompanying lyric video is no exception: these women cut to our core with their lyrics! The song starts out like this:
"Do you remember I searched you out / How I climbed your city's walls? / Do you remember me as devout / How I prayed for your calls?"
This describes the beginnings of a relationship: pursuing somebody, climbing the emotional walls that everyone puts up at first, hoping and praying that they'd call. Then the song continues as the relationship evolves:
"I stuck around / I did behave / I saved you every time / I was a fool for love"
When you really love somebody you're willing to take a lot of emotional baggage on for them, saving them from their mistakes and sticking with them through hardships. But sometimes it gets to be too much:
"Then you blamed me and blocked me out / How long did you think I'd last? / Then you disappeared for weeks to pout / How many times could I pack?"
Sometimes relationships are tested but the one in this song just sounds too tumultuous. Watch the lyric video above to see a girl wander around the city while the lyrics of the song float around her.
What do you think of "I Was A Fool"? Tell us below...
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist