The 10 Best Albums Of The Century — So Far!
Do you remember when we rung in the year 2000 twelve years ago? Many thought that Y2K would be the end of all technology, but we're still here y'all! And in those twelve years in the 21st century, there has been dozens upon dozens of amazing albums released by some of the the world's biggest and best musicians.
People Magazine released their list of the 10 Best Albums Of The Century (so far), and our friends at 92.3 NOW covered the epic album countdown. Judging by the photo of Kanye West you see above, you've probably guessed who snagged the #1 spot. But who else made the cut? We're countin' 'em down for you, as well as our fave lyrics from the album:
10. Vince Gill, These Days
"Why do we have to play the same old games? / And why do we run away from who's to blame? / And can't we see to lose this love would be a shame? / Oh, I wish we knew the reason why" — The Reason Why
9. Amy Winehouse, Back to Black
"We only said goodbye with words / I died a hundred times / You go back to her / When I go back to..." — Back To Black
8. Justin Timberlake, FutureSex/LoveSounds
"'Cause I know that you're living a lie / That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find / What goes around, goes around, goes around / Comes all the way back around" — What Goes Around Comes Around
7. Jay-Z, The Blueprint
"All I need is the love of my crew / The whole industry can hate me I thugged my way through" — All I Need
6. Erykah Badu, Mama's Gun
"I guess nobody ever told you / All you must hold on to / Is you, is you, is you / One day all 'em bag goin' get in your way" — Bag Lady
5. Adele, 21
"I set fire to the rain / And I threw us into the flames / Where I felt somethin' die, 'cause I knew that / That was the last time, the last time" — Set Fire To The Rain
4. Outkast, SpeakerBoxxx/The Love Below
"Even though / You'd need a golden calculator to divide / The time it took to look inside and realize / That real guys go for real down to Mars girls" — Roses
3. Radiohead, Kid A
"Strobe lights and blown speakers / Fireworks and hurricanes / I'm not here / This isn't happening" — How To Disappear Completely
2. Coldplay, A Rush of Blood to the Head
"Now when you work it out I'm worse than you / Yeah, when you work it out, I want it too / Now when you work out where to draw the line / Your guess is as good as mine" — God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
1. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
"I'm livin' in the 21st century, doin' something mean to it / Do it better than anybody ya ever seen do it" — Power
Watch the guy with the #1 album of the century's video for "Power" below:
Did you favorite album of the 21s century make the cut? Let us know in the comments.
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"
- Oh My Gosh, Look At Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" Music Video
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video