The 2011 American Music Awards: Recap
2011 has been the year of the ladies, with artists like Adele, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, and Katy Perry owning the pop charts. So it's no surprise that girl power took over the 2011 American Music Awards which aired this past Sunday night. Did you catch the airing of the show? If not, we've got a recap for you:
Taylor Swift was a HUGE winner, walking away with 10 awards, including the big Artist Of The Year nod. Way to go, Tay-Tay! Nicki Minaj opened the show with her massive hit "Super Bass", Katy Perry took home a special achievement award honoring her top 5 hits in a row from Teenage Dream, and J.Lo nabbed the Favorite Latin Artist award. See what I mean? Not too shabby of a night for the ladies in pop!
But what about the dudes? Justin Bieber performed his Christmas smash "Mistletoe", while everybody's favorite shufflers LMFAO closed the show with "Party Rock Anthem".
For the full list of winners, 92.3 NOW has got your back. What was your favorite moment from the 2011 American Music Awards?
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist