The 2011 American Music Awards: Recap
2011 has been the year of the ladies, with artists like Adele, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, and Katy Perry owning the pop charts. So it's no surprise that girl power took over the 2011 American Music Awards which aired this past Sunday night. Did you catch the airing of the show? If not, we've got a recap for you:
Taylor Swift was a HUGE winner, walking away with 10 awards, including the big Artist Of The Year nod. Way to go, Tay-Tay! Nicki Minaj opened the show with her massive hit "Super Bass", Katy Perry took home a special achievement award honoring her top 5 hits in a row from Teenage Dream, and J.Lo nabbed the Favorite Latin Artist award. See what I mean? Not too shabby of a night for the ladies in pop!
But what about the dudes? Justin Bieber performed his Christmas smash "Mistletoe", while everybody's favorite shufflers LMFAO closed the show with "Party Rock Anthem".
For the full list of winners, 92.3 NOW has got your back. What was your favorite moment from the 2011 American Music Awards?
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Blast These 15 Girl Power Tracks for International Women's Day
- QUIZ: Do You Know All The Words To "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"