The 3 Most Interesting Lines From Nicki Minaj's "Beez In The Trap" feat. 2 Chainz
"Beez In The Trap" is Nicki Minaj's second single from Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded but curiously, it's the first video she's released from the new album! The minimal song reminds us a bit of Chris Brown's "Look At Me Now" with it's lack of a hook and verses upon verses. The only difference is that instead of furiously fast raps, "Beez" features slow, chilled out verses from Nicki and 2 Chainz, and doesn't even make use of Nicki's usual crazy-voice. Despite the change from her usual schtick, Nicki proves she's talented by spitting out some of the craziest lines, even though the song is relatively slow. Here are 3 of the best...
"Rip it off, no jokin' / Like your name Hulk Hogan / N***** move weight and sell but live in Hoboken"
Who remembers wrestling's golden age in the 90's? Hulk Hogan was on top of the wrestling world and he was always ripping off his shirt, hence the "Hulk". Hoboken is a city in New Jersey with lots of rich suburbs with big houses. Fun fact: TLC's Cake Boss takes place there!
"Damn, damn what they say about me / I don't know man, f*** is on your biscuit"
In this line, Nicki's wanting to know what people are saying about her. People talk when you're successful! In this case, biscuit means "mind" which makes us lol a bit...
"If you know me you know I've been thinkin' Franklin / Money, thousands, True Religion trousers"
2 Chainz is all about the Benjamins — Ben Franklin, that is! He's the guy on the $100 bill. Also, really 2 Chainz, True Religions? We thought those were more of a guido thing...
Here's the "Beez In The Trap" video:
What's your favorite line from the song? Do you like this new side of Nicki? Let us know in the comments...
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?
- It Takes Two! These Duos Will Blow You Away At The GRAMMYs
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why